Happy 4th Birthday, Bring Back the Mile!
More events, prize money, thrilling races and history are ahead for the iconic distance
By Ryan Lamppa, BBTM Founder
Today marks the 4th birthday of Bring Back the Mile, and there is much to celebrate since our 2012 launch. First and foremost, we want to thank all of our BBTM sponsors, supporters, partners and Mile maniacs as well as the events, athletes and fans for being a part of the Mile’s journey back to a higher prominence and profile in our sport and beyond.
Together, we have elevated the storied distance, and without a doubt, the Mile is in a better place than 4 years ago as the below attests.
BBTM 4 Year Snapshot Summary (2012-15)
• Bring Back the Mile Launches: National campaign to elevate and celebrate the iconic distance
• State of the Mile Report: 2012: And the future looks bright for the storied distance in the USA
• Mile Moments Abound in 2013: Mary Cain, inaugural BBTM Tour, 63% increase in Mile prize purses, U.S. HSers shine and more highlight banner year
• The 10 Best Mile Moments of 2014: Mile events including inaugural BBTM Grand Prix Tour and U.S. Milers headline the year
• The Best Mile Moments of 2015: Two HSers go sub-4, record annual first sub-4 for U.S. men, NCAA coaches vote YES to run the Mile again at outdoor Championships, $365,000-plus record prize money, BBTM Grand Prix Tour and more highlight year
So let’s celebrate the day and what the future holds, and go Mile!
As a BIG thank you, at the BBTM Store until Sunday, January 31, FREE s/h on all swag plus $5 off of the "It Starts Here" package; order today HERE.